Community Investment Campaign
Why does Great Hearts ask parents to consider a donation to the annual Community Investment campaign?
- The Community Investment Campaign provides our faculty and students with the resources they need to learn and thrive.
- Unlike traditional public schools, charter schools do not receive local taxes nor state funding for school facilities, resulting in large gaps in revenue between charter schools and local school districts.
- Your gift to Community Investment:
- Covers the gap between what we need to deliver the top-tier education that our children deserve and what we receive from public funding.
- Helps us pay, reward, and retain our excellent and dedicated faculty.
- Keeps our teacher to student ratio smaller for more individualized attention.
- Enables us to offer programs like art, music, and foreign language on a daily basis.
Where does my contribution go?
- 100% of your contribution stays at Great Hearts Irving to support the core priorities of our academic model.
What does Great Hearts ask each family to give?
- We ask each family to consider contributing $1,200 per student to help cover the gap between what we need for our academic model and what we receive from public funding.
- Knowing that the financial situation is different for every family, we encourage every family to give as they are able.
- Enrollment status is not dependent upon a family’s decision to contribute to Community Investment.
How can I participate?
- Many families choose to spread out their contribution by making monthly gifts through Great Hearts Irving’s fiscal year, July 1 through June 30.
- Other families make a one-time gift to the Community Investment campaign.
- Every family’s participation, at whatever level, is vital to supporting the priorities of Great Hearts Irving.
- Donate online or return our Community Investment Form.
Questions? Suzannah Cronenwett (Suzannah.Cronenwett@GreatHeartsIrving.org)